Monday, August 1, 2011

What Are You When Adversity Strikes?



I was reading through some local and national news and got disgusted and discouraged as usual. It seems that everyone is going through some kind of adversity. The analogy explains how looks at life in perspective, especially when going through adversity. Here is the link: What Are You? A Carrot, An Egg, Or A Coffee Bean

http://www.artbydorisbell.net/new_page_4.htm
I am not sure where it originated, because there are many re-postings of it, It made me think of these scriptures.

Isaiah 30:19-21 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Hebrews 3:13-15 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

John 16:31-33 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?  Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  

It is great to have a source such as Christ to go to when life brings us trials and tribulation. The story reminded me of a Laura Story song "Blessings". The lyrics can be found here Blessings Lyrics and Video

Hope you enjoy the story and the song, it helped me to refocus and get off of life's troubles and back on my main focus of life the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, I still pray the adversities and challenges of life will change, just as everyone does, but I also know that there is a plan for them all in my life and the lives of others. We are all unique individuals and have our own unique circumstances and problems but the answer lies in how we respond to them.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


Do you know HIM? what-is-salvation
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: